Ever wondered where the safest neighbourhoods are in Sydney?
Below you will find a summarised list of the safest and most dangerous suburbs in the Sydney area. Having this information is essential for several reasons such as deciding which neighbourhoods to look at when buying a home.
Safest Sydney Suburbs
North Shore Region
- Hunters Hill is a beautiful suburban area found on the North Shore in Sydney. It is northwest of Sydney’s central business district and is one of the safest Sydney Suburbs.
- Manly, known for its relaxed holiday vibe, is one of the city’s most famous Surfing beaches and boasts broad coastal views on the oceanfront.
- Mosman is located on the lower portion of the North Shore of Sydney. It is home to many prominent Sydney business people, doctors, and lawyers.
- Lane Cove is also located on the Lower North Shore of Sydney. It fills a peninsula found on the northern side of Port Jackson which gives way to the Lane Cove River.
Inner West Region
- Ashfield is a gorgeous suburb located West of Sydney. It is known for its high multicultural population.
- Burwood, located in the Inner West of Sydney is to the west of the Sydney central business district as well as the Administrative Centre for the area’s local government.
- Strathfield is also found in the Inner West of Sydney. A small section of the suburb north of the railway line is located in the local government area in and around Canada Bay.
Eastern Suburbs Region
- Woollahra is located in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney. Woollahra is an affluent suburb because of its proximity to the city, plus its wide range of beautiful Victorian style homes.
According to crime studies, the areas surrounding the north shore, northern beaches and the inner-city suburbs seem to be the safest, while the areas to the west tend to a higher crime rate.
Most Dangerous Suburbs in Sydney
The suburbs listed below are some of the most dangerous suburbs in the Sydney area.
The crime rates in these areas are significantly higher than other areas in Sydney. For this reason if you live in these areas we encourage you to ensure your home and business security is up to date. As a mobile locksmith in Sydney, if you would like a security assessment please give us a call.
Keeping Safe in Sydney
Safety plays a huge part in property prices as well as the population for these suburbs. Every homeowner wants to feel safe, so if you happen to live in these areas, it’s important to always be aware of your surroundings and to invest in a durable and reliable home security system.
There are many reliable lock manufacturers located domestically to make sure that your home is secure from invasion. Making friends with your neighbours and watching out for each other can also make all homeowners feel safe in their neighbourhoods.
When you are ready for a professional security assessment on your home or business property in Sydney, give Fusion Locksmiths a call.